Full Time … Take 2!!!

Comments 3 Standard

Hello! After a two-month hiatus, we are back on the road!

For readers who didn’t know where we disappeared to … in March we received the upsetting and unexpected news that Bob’s mother had taken ill and was hospitalized. At the time, all indications suggested that Mom would be returning home with round-the-clock assistance in addition to the daytime aides that were already taking excellent care of her. We quickly decided to return to Connecticut so that we could help provide that overnight care. About eight days later, we pulled into my daughter’s driveway in Connecticut.

Unfortunately, our expectations did not go quite as hoped for Mom. She passed a couple of weeks after we returned. We feel SO blessed and fortunate to have had the chance to spend Mom’s final days with her. She was a wonderful woman who, at 93, defied all the medical statisticians with no health issues until this last one. She was such a sweet, funny, generous, loving woman and we miss her very much.

We left Connecticut on September 19, 2020, with bittersweet emotions as we ventured into our new life as full-time RVers. That gig ended up lasting exactly as long as our usual 6-month snowbird trip! We just left Connecticut again on June 1, 2021 for our second attempt at full-time RV living! 

Most of our previous travels have taken place in wintertime, so this gives us the opportunity to visit places that we haven’t seen before … places that are too cold and snowy during winter months. We’ll be taking a slow, meandering route first north to Massachusetts, Maine and Vermont to visit friends and family, and then west where we’ll eventually land in South Dakota. 

We’re excited to be on the road again! Follow us!

Our planned route from Connecticut to South Dakota and eventually Texas.

3 thoughts on “Full Time … Take 2!!!

  1. It’s good to hear you’re back on the road! We’re ate not as well planned as you are, but possibly we will meet on the road. If not, see you in SA!

  2. Yeah, I do like to have a plan. I wish I could be the type to just wing it and let the wind take me, but I’m not. Maybe someday! I ended up reserving a bunch of campgrounds in advance because I was running into some full campgrounds, or the sites that fit our rig were all taken. I didn’t want to get on the road and have no place to stay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ We’ll be in SD in July, then moseying down through CO to UT, AZ and then TX. Looking forward to catching up!

  3. sorry to hear about your mom, Bob…Good your back on the road again, looks like you have great plans for you travels…enjoy.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s